I trained as an Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and this means that I use a variety of therapeutic approaches when working with clients. This can include but isn’t limited to:
• Behavioural therapy
• Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
• Compassion-Focused Therapy
• Couples counselling
• Interpersonal therapy
• Person-centred therapy
• Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
• Solution focused brief therapy
• Creative Therapies.
I am not the sort of therapist who just sits, listens and nods, making empathic noises every so often. So I will sometimes gently challenge you and will always expect you to participate in your therapy. I will encourage you to get the most from your therapeutic journey and will not pretend to have all the answers, there may be occasions when we will have to figure something out together.
I won’t promise you that therapy will always be easy, there’s no growth in the comfortable places and if all you really wanted was a cup of tea and a chat you’d probably call a friend. I will promise you to create a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space to allow you to explore even painful and difficult issues and offer you the tools and support you need to get through it.
Training, qualifications & experience
My 2 ½ years counselling at the mental health charity Mind and 2 years as a psychotherapist in a private drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic, have given me the opportunity to work with a vast number of client issues and to gain extensive experience. Whilst working in the clinic and field of addiction, I gained experience in relationship counselling with families and couples.
In October 2017 I opened my private practice and this became full time in November 2018. I continue to offer therapy to both individuals and couples.
• Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
• Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills.
• L2 Diploma in Counselling Skills
• Certificate in Understanding Drugs and Addiction, Kings College London.
• Diploma in Mindfulness.
• Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
• Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society.
• Qualified practitioner In The REWIND Technique with The International Association For Rewind Trauma Therapy.
• Working with Narcissistic and Borderline Personality Disorder.
• Working with Trauma- Exercises and Techniques to Aid Recovery and Healing From Complex Trauma.
• Working with Shame.-The Web of Shame in the Therapeutic Space.
• Therapeutic Arts.- Art for Self-Healing.
• Clay Therapy with the Creative Counsellors Club.
• Understanding Anxiety and managing it without Drugs- Human Givens College.
• Mindfulness based relapse prevention- Centre for Addiction Studies.